Employee Spotlight: Marianne Schrader, Senior Customer Success Manager

• 30 January 2023
  • -
  • -
Employee Spotlight: Marianne Schrader, Senior Customer Success Manager
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Customer success (aka customer success management or client advocacy) is the process of increasing customers' satisfaction with a company’s product or service. It’s a specialized form of customer relationship management, and when done effectively, can help reduce churn, improve retention and renewals, and drive revenue. Customer success is an integral part of RiskOptics’ success – which is why Senior Customer Success Managers like Marianne Schrader play such a key role!

Becoming a CSM

As a Senior Customer Success Manager (CSM), Marianne is the primary point of contact for our customers. Her main goal is to give every company that works with the RiskOptics ROAR platform the best service possible by getting the most value out of the platform, meeting their goals and making sure they’re delighted. We asked Marianne how she got into Customer Success, and she explained that she took ‘an interesting road’ to get into the role:

“I like to say that I’ve been doing Customer Success since before it was called Customer Success… During my technology start-up career, I wore many different hats, dabbling in project management, implementation, and corporate training. But early on, I found my true passion is Customer Success – helping customers with adoption and ensuring their satisfaction, retention and growth. This is what gets me up in the morning.”

Fun Fact About Marianne: Her favorite part of RiskOptics is the people.

“Cliché alert! I really love the people. I work with a great team and for a great company, and I really appreciate all the collaboration and support I receive on a daily basis. You guys rock!”

Building Relationships

When it comes to customer success strategy, the critical ingredient is customer focus. Our CSMs spend time building relationships with our customers, getting to understand them and their motivations, and then working in partnership with them to develop processes that best support their company’s goals and objectives. Lucky for us, this is what Marianne really likes to do:

“I mostly enjoy the social aspect of it: building relationships with my customers, getting to know them, and helping them reach their goals. What can I say? I’m a people person! Seriously though, it’s really rewarding to go from simply knowing someone’s name to eventually understanding their needs and pain points and helping them help their business succeed.”

Tips for Success

Customer success is about making it as easy as possible for our customers to use the ROAR platform to their best effect. Communication is key – whether it’s setting up regular check-in calls, creating video tutorials, or providing ‘tips & tricks’ to getting the most out of our platform. Here is Marianne’s top tip for using the ROAR platform:

“My top tip for using ROAR is to use Community – there is a wealth of information such as Knowledge Base articles, product updates, details on upcoming events and helpful training videos in Reciprocity University. I also encourage everyone to ‘Ask the Community.’ It’s a great way to get help from your GRC peers!”

More About Marianne

Originally from the home of rock and roll, NE Ohio, Marianne is a rock music expert who graduated from The University of Dayton. After 20+ years living in the Windy City, Marianne moved down South. Marianne now lives in Texas with her partner and their 3-year-old Golden Retriever, Gertie.

Fun Fact About Marianne: She and Golden Retriever Gertie enjoy Barn Hunts.

“I love to go on hikes and do training with my dog. We recently started a new activity called Barn Hunt. It’s very Texas – you should look it up. I also act as Gertie’s social media manager (shameless plug: @GertieTheGoldie on Insta).”

Don’t know what a barn hunt is? Check out Barn Hunt 101.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Marianne is a rock star! Love the fun facts

Userlevel 1

Marianne always wants her customers to succeed!  Thanks for the fun facts! I had never heard of barn hunts and now I’m one of Gertie’s newest IG followers!

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is awesome, can’t wait to see Gertie’s instagram. Thanks Marianne!

I'm not ready yet X